Happy 2014 everyone! As the polar vortex finally leaves Chicago, it’s time to focus on the fun stuff – like how you can improve your kitchen or what color tile you’d like to have in your bathroom. The possibilities are endless!
If you live in the Chicago area please give us a call once you decide on the home improvements you’d like to make this year. We’d be happy to provide a free estimate. Call Voytek at 847-401-3006.
Flooding damage is devastating. Once the water recedes, often times you have to replace pretty much everything, down to the drywall. It’s horrible when it happens, but we’re here to help get your basement looking as good, if not better, than before the flood.
If your basement is flooded, the first thing you should do is contact your insurance company. Some insurers will not let you choose your own contractor so it’s best to check first. Once you know that you’re able to work with a contractor of your choice to fix the flood damage, give us a call at (847) 401-3006, or contact us via our website.
We’ve been there before! The basement in our house in Wilmette flooded when we first moved in so when we fixed the water damage in our own home, we also took precautions for the future. When you’re ready to fix your basement after a flood, you may want to consider adding a back-up sump pump (our house has three) and adding a back-up power generator so the sump pumps keep going even if a storm kills the power.
We hope that your family stays safe during this crazy spring weather. When things settle down and you’re ready to fix the flooding damage to your house, please get in touch and we’ll gladly do a free estimate for you or your insurance company.
It’s truly amazing how a space can be transformed. Take a look at these “before remodeling” photos from one of our most recent clients, Laurel, from Wilmette. It’s a kitchen that’s seen better days. It was definitely functional, but very outdated and dark.
When we met Laurel, she and her husband had a very clear vision for their new kitchen – they knew their color palette and they weren’t afraid to take out a wall to make the kitchen a more welcoming, open space. Isn’t the result beautiful?
What did we do in this kitchen? The right question is what didn’t we do!
- Completely gutted the kitchen, including the floors and soffit
- Demolished the wall between the kitchen and the dining room
- Put down new hardwood floor, level with the dining
- Installed new custom made cabinets – Made by Amish artisans – we love their work and they have amazingly affordable prices for the quality and level of craftsmanship they provide.
- Installed all stainless steel appliances – In this case, Laurel and her husband bought all their appliances, but we have strong relationships with local vendors like Abt, so we’re always happy to get you a great deal on applicants.
- Installed gorgeous countertops.
- Painted all the walls
We’re thrilled how happy Laurel and her husband are with their new kitchen. If you have a kitchen remodeling project you need done and you live in Chicago’s North suburbs, please get in touch. We’d be happy to do a free estimate for you.
Our next door neighbors are some of our oldest, most frequent clients. In addition to doing a bunch of work for them on their primary home (including most interiors, bathrooms, new balcony, new garage and outdoor hot tub), we also built their holiday home – a classic wood log cabin. This was a complete new home construction, including finishing of all interiors as well as outdoor landscaping and driveway.
Please feel free to contact us if you’re looking for a contractor for a new home, an addition, or any other remodeling project. We work in Chicago and Chicago’s north suburbs.
Although “remodeling” is in our name and we do it well, we do so much more than that. For example, all the work outside the main house and in the backyard. In the project outlined here we completely transformed our neighbors backyard and house with the following:
- New balcony off the master bedroom – the previous balcony was part of the original home construction and became a bit unstable over the years. We helped the owners pick a design that fit the house and their personal esthetic and we built the new balcony.
- New garage – We tore down the old garage and positioned the new one a bit further back in the driveway to allow a larger area where the kids can play basketball. The two car garage includes a pull down staircase with generous storage space. Motion sensor lights were also installed.
- New decorative patio – It’s amazing how a few stones and choice plants can transform a backyard. Here, we lined the area between the house and the garage with natural stone and built in a decorative planter.
- New outdoor hot tub – If you’ve got the space, why not? We installed an all-season outdoor hot tub with dedicated electrical for safe operation year round.
Sometimes the best way to get the exactly what you want is to build a custom home. At WW Remodeling we’ve built several beautiful luxury homes. This particular home was built on Old Glenview Road in Wilmette, just across from the Wilmette Centennial pool, tennis and ice skating complex. Please view the photo gallery to see some of the details of this custom luxury home. Our favorite features include:
- 5 bedrooms (including a cute Jack and Jill combo for the kids), 5.5 bathrooms
- Two sided fireplace – one side in the master bedroom and the other in the master bathroom, on the side of the jacuzzi bath.
- Butler pantry between the kitchen and dining room.
- Ridiculously high ceilings and large windows in the full, furnished basement.
- Central vacuum and central audio throughout the house
- Large entry foyer and showpiece staircase
Sounds good, doesn’t it? If you’re planning your own home and you’re looking for a contractor to built it, please give us a call or send us an email. You dream up the ideal home and we’ll build it for you.
While remodeling a room or two in the house is a great way to reinvigorate an older home, the most exciting projects are when we get to build an entire home from scratch. It’s such a fun, creative process to help a customer think through all the possibilities of what they can have in their bespoke home.
The goal for this home on Greenleaf in Wilmette was to give it a classic feel but with all the modern luxuries. The end result was a five bedroom, four bathroom home that fit in well with its surrounding neighbors but gave its owners all the comforts they would expect from a modern luxury home. Some of our favorite features in this home are:
- Heated floors throughout all bathrooms
- Light drenched breakfast nook in the kitchen
- Clawfoot bathtub with exposed pipe shower
- Wainscoting on the walls
- Jacuzzi tub by a large picture window in the master bathroom
Here are some select photos of this beautiful luxury home. If you like what you see and you have a construction or remodeling project of your own, please contact us.
We’ve had the pleasure to work with Kim Raucci over many years in several houses in two states. Here’s what Kim has to say about our remodeling work.
We’ve used WW Remodeling for over 20 years on a wide range of design/build projects and have always been extremely satisfied with the end result.
From our first townhouse to a 80% complete gut rehab project in Chicago to our present home, WW Remodeling has built and installed:
• Dry Saunas
• Steam Showers
• Rec Rooms
• Finished Basements
• High End Finishes and custom fit appliances including SubZero, Viking, Wolf, etc.
• All types of plumbing and fixtures
The owner, Wojtek Walczak, is a master builder and knows ALL aspects of rough and finish carpentry. He leads and works closely with his team and inspects and double checks all work thoroughly and meticulously. When WW Remodeling is on the job, they work tirelessly and carefully. They’ll address all concerns and work closely with you to ensure the job is done right the first time.
We did not know Wojtek prior to using WW Remodeling and that makes our recommendation of his company all that more credible because we won’t give a testimonial to just anyone especially if they don’t deserve it. The fact that we’ve used him over and over again for 20+ years speaks volumes.
He is always honest, forthright, and up front. Estimates are always in line. Cost additions are always disclosed. We’ve never had a bad experience with him and that is not easy to come by particularly in this field. We trust him and his team implicitly.
Sometimes you have a vision of your ideal kitchen, but you simply don’t have the room for it. Such was the case with our daughter’s apartment. It was quite an old building and the kitchen was its own room, separate from the living and dining areas. Since she’s an avid cook, she wanted lots of space for both cooking and entertaining. To give her the dream kitchen she wanted, we removed the two walls the kitchen shared with the living area and created one large, open space. It wasn’t a straightforward exercise – we had to relocate the water pipes and the gas pipes, but the end result was worth it. To add a modern twist to her beautiful marble kitchen countertops, she chose a tinted glass backsplash. It’s easy to clean and it blends well with the rest of the open space while still clearly delineating where the kitchen is.
Here’s a view of the kitchen from a different angle.
Do you have an apartment that you want to convert into open plan living? WW Remodeling does remodeling and construction projects all over the Chicagoland area, including the city itself. We’ll coordinate your countertops, cabinets, appliances – everything! If you’re interested in a free quote, please contact us.